In this article we will explain the requirements for setting up campaigns on Google
In order to be able to use Shopping Autopilot, you will have to meet the requirements that Google has set for both the Google Merchant Center and Google Ads. If you do not meet the requirements for one or both of these services then you are unfortunately not able to advertise your products.
Why do I need to meet the requirements for Google Merchant Center and Google Ads?
A Google Merchant Center account allows you to upload product information of your shops to Google. This enables customers to see all the information about your shop and its products when they are searching via a Google search service. In order to actively promote the products in your shop, however, you will need to have a Google Ads account. This means you will have to meet requirements for both these services in order to advertise your products.
What are the requirements for my products?
In order to make your products eligible to be advertised, they will have to meet Google's product data specifications. You are able to provide these specifications via your Shopify store and import your products to the Shopping Autopilot app. The product data specifications are being categorised by:
- Basic product data; such as id, title and description
- Price & availability; such as availability, expiration date and price
- Product category; such as google product category and product type
- Product identifiers; such as brand, gtin and MPN
- Detailed product description; such ad condition, adult and size
- Shopping campaigns and other configurations; such as ads redirect and promotion id
- Destinations; such as included and excluded destinations
- Shipping; such as shipping label and weight
- Tax; such as tax and its category
Visit this link to go through the full list of product data specifications and its details.
What are the requirements for my content?
Your content needs to meet the requirements Google has set for Shopping campaigns. You need to make sure that you meet the necessary requirements before your start advertising to prevent suspension. The Google policies are covered by four broad areas:
- Prohibited content; content you're not allowed to promote on the Google Network
- Prohibited practices; things you can't do if you want to advertise with us
- Restricted content; content you can advertise, but with limitations
- Editorial and technical; quality standards for your ads and website
Visit this link to go through the full list of policy definitions, examples and troubleshooting steps.
In case of any questions or need of assistance, get in touch with our support team by email or by launching a chat conversation on the Shopping Autopilot platform itself.